Monday, July 20, 2009

Explosion

Here's the back story (yes I am long winded as many of you have probably found out!). I went to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday for their 99 cent pattern sales and while walking down the ribbon section I saw the the polka dot ribbons and went huh! That would make a crazy purse. So I picked them up and then promptly went to find a zipper of good width. Then I headed back to the home decor sections and saw a pair of tassles, which I thought would be really cute on the zipper. I didn't know what to do for handles and figured I'd worry about it later, then on my way out the door I spotted the large chunky beads and this beast was born.

It only took a handful of hours (3.5 at the most, I wasn't really keeping track). I call it Explosion because its a very, very busy purse, but I completely love it!

This is the purse as a whole:


The much necessary action shot:


A close up of the handles:


A close up of the zipper and the tassels:


I had so many requests for a tutorial on the blue and yellow checkered purse that this time I wrote up a tutorial as I worked on it and took clearer photos and better action shots. I just need to proof read it and then I'll post it. I'm hoping to have it up by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment