Sunday, October 7, 2012

Birthday Madness

Trying to plan a birthday part for a one year old was painful, considering I've never even attended a birthday party for a one year old. However, Party City and the fact that the only cartoon my LM will watch is Phineas and Ferb on netflix, made my life a little easier. Add to that some wonderful "Where's Perry" cotton fabric that I found at JoAnn fabrics and you have yourself a one year old's birthday party!



























Albertson's grocery saved my bacon with this birthday cake. I was really getting scared that I was going to have to make my own.



Everything was commercially bought (hangs head in shame) expect for the high chair kit which you see in the picture above. The only ones we could find were boy or girl themed. So using the "Where's Perry" fabric I found, I created the birthday cake kit. I sewed a flag banner that got taped to the table, cut out a large square for a floor mat (no sewing involved, I was a working mother in a hurry!), and made a bib (complete with snaps.)

And yes, everyone had a great time at the party. Of course my LM wouldn't eat his birthday cake. It wasn't until two days later, he actually tried a piece. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment